How do I join Willow Hall?
- You must give your character's full name, your character's profession, and your contact e-mail address to the Secretary or Co-Secretary of the House. You will then receive your initial information packet and Member's Survey, and you will be added to the Willow Hall Mailing List.
- You must fill out and return your Member's Survey to the secretary that sent it to you. Your Member's Survey will be kept on file and copies of it will be sent to the Survey Committee.
- You must read and study the Member's Handbook and the House Bylaw. You must attend a minimum of three of the following in any combination:* Willow Hall business meetings
* Willow Hall classes
* Willow Hall scheduled events
Note: Some of Willow Hall's scheduled events are open only to members of the House to participate in. However, our friends and family are still welcome to come cheer them on.
- Once you have met the above requirements, you must send an official letter of request to the President of Judges, copied to the Panel of Judges and House Chairman, seeking to schedule your first interview. You must include dates and times that you are available for an interview. The President of Judges will then schedule your interview and notify you of when it will take place. The President of Judges will copy this notification to the House Officers and Specialists.
- If you pass your initial interview, you must contact the House Chairman. The House Chairman will then notify you of who will be acting as your Specialist. It is up to you to contact your Specialist at that point.
Note: If the Specialist of your profession is overbooked or there is no Specialist for your profession available, a proxy Specialist will be chosen for you.
- You will have numerous meetings with your House Specialist for up to but not exceeding ninety days. The Specialist may shorten or end your Scion Program depending on circumstances at the time. If you pass the Scion Program, both you and your Specialist must notify the House Chairman that you are ready for your final interview.
- The House Chairman or Co-Chairman will conduct your final interview. If you pass this final interview you will be put in line for initiation into the House. If you are denied membership you may choose to start the whole process over again at step one, or you may choose to find another house.
End Note: As always, you may choose to leave the process anytime you wish. If you change your mind later and wish to try to join Willow Hall again, you will have to start the process over beginning at step one.
The Five Directives of a Willow Hall Ranger
We believe that the foremost principles and ordinances of the Willow Hall Ranger are:
- Directive One: We have a strong commitment to the lands we roam and believe in keeping it free, clean and safe for all adventurers. This commitment encompasses a belief that the Ranger way of life is the noblest calling in the Lands.
- Directive Two: We, the Rangers of Willow Hall claim the right to form our own government. Officers in that government have the responsibility to add, change, and or clarify any by-law or directive as needed and which is in the best interest of Willow Hall and it's members.
- Directive Three: We believe that all people have the right to freely roam the lands.
- Directive Four: We believe that any group invading the lands and endangering the lives of others is in direct violation of the third directive, and the Rangers of Willow Hall are sworn to defend such invasions by being the FIRST IN and LAST OUT!
- Directive Five: The Rangers of Willow Hall show faith in the officers and in their leadership with their adherence and commitment of the by laws and the officers.